Chicago Summer Business Institute (CSBI)
Chicago Summer Business Institute (CSBI) is a 501©(3) not-for-profit charitable organization (Illinois Corporation) which provides paid summer internships (accounting, business mgmt, banking/finance, IT, engineering, government, law, non profits), business and financial literacy education and scholarships to Chicago high school students. It is not simply a matter of giving a student a job, it’s an opportunity to positively influence a young life.
Website: Chicago Summer Business Institute
- Must be a resident of the City of Chicago
- Currently be a sophmore or junior in high school*
- Students aged 15 and under need a valid work permit by 6/1/16
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
*Students must attend either a public, charter, parochial or private high school
- Have a social security card
- Annual household income must not exceed $60,000 a year
- Parent/guardian must provide verification of income on application
Open to DREAMers: Unknown
Only CPS students may complete an application in Academic Works. Non-CPS Students can download a copy of the application via the link below.
Illinois Work Permit Instructions for Download: https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.academicworks.com/clients/cps/client/1425394825/ILLINOIS%20WORK%20PERMITS%20REQUIREMENTS.pdf
Application for Download: https://chicagobusinessinstitute.awardspring.com/
Contact Information: Yolanda Quintana, firstname.lastname@example.org