Lena's Artistic Beauty College Community Service Award
Lena’s Artistic Beauty College was originally started by Lena Bryant in 1960 in the city of Chicago to give those aspiring to become cosmetologists the education and skills to become licensed cosmetologists.
Lena Bryant’s focus was always to help those in the community. She accomplished this by employing youth, giving time and money to various community organizations, providing education to community members, and being a mentor to at risk youth.
The Lena’s Artistic Beauty College Community Service Award is for those who desire a career in cosmetology and have a desire to give back to the community.
1. Chicago Public School HS Senior Student
2. Student must plan to pursue a FULL TIME cosmetology program in the Fall of 2016 (at Lena’s Beauty School, meeting all of the admissions requirements)
3. Student must have a weighted GPA of 2.5 or higher
4. Students with a 90% or above attendance rate will take precedence in the candidate pool
5. Student must complete the essay questions to be considered for this opportunity
6. Students must participate in an interview conducted by Lena’s Artistic Beauty College representatives
Note: This scholarship award will cover tuition and books only.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
For questions regarding this scholarship opportunity contact:
Ms. Kimberly Jones