Mary E. Smith Foundation - Excellence in Academics & Community Service Award
This annual, one-time scholarship, will be awarded to one or two (2) successful candidates. Candidates must be brain tumor patients/survivors or closely related to someone diagnosed with a brain tumor. Amount of award will be paid directly to the student’s school if for tuition, or directly to the recipient to assist with living expenses, books, travel, etc
Website: Excellence in Academics and Community Service Award
Application: Download Here
- Must be a brain tumor patient/survivor or closely related to someone diagnosed with a brain tumor.
Relationships are limited to spouse, biological children, biological parents, biological siblings.
- Must be entering or currently enrolled in an advanced educational program at a college, university, vocational school within the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
- Must have at least a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or a 4.0/5.0.
- Rank in top half of class and have at least an SAT score of 1000 or an ACT of 21.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and service in their community.
We will notify the 2019 recipients in April 2019. Local winners will participate in the Annual Scholarship Gala in May and the Annual Brain Tumor Awareness Fun Run/Walk ceremony in July.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Contact Information: email@example.com