Flag Manufacturers Association of America (FMAA) Scholarship Program
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The Flag Manufacturers Association of America (FMAA) is a non-profit trade association, established in 2003, representing the leading United States flag manufacturers and suppliers dedicated to educating and promoting the quality, variety and proper use of flags manufactured in the United States. The organization attempts to educate members of the general public about the United States manufactured flag industry and its significance to community, economic and social development. FMAA offers one-time $3,000 scholarship to high school seniors who submit video submissions answering a specific question each year. This is a national opportunity and not limited to Chicago Public School students.
Website: The Flag Manufacturers Association of America
Review Recent Recipients and the Application Procedure: Application Procedure (scroll down beyond the past recipients)
Mandatory Form That MUST be Signed & Submitted By Student AND Parent: FMAA Video Release Form
Note: Students MUST complete a Video Release Form for their submission for this scholarship.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
High School Senior planning to attend an accredited 2 or 4-year college/university in the Fall of 2019
Brief essay/statement on future education plans (500 words or less)
- NO GPA or ACT required
- NO RECOMMENDATION LETTERS required
Application and Video Submission Procedure:
Any entries not in compliance with these instructions will be disqualified
- Traditionally, the American flag has been a symbol of patriotism, freedom, and democracy. Your video should answer the question: “What does the United States flag mean to you as a young American today?”
- Videos will be judged on content, original thought, visual imagery, and patriotic expression. You do not need to recapture the history of the United States. Your thoughts must pertain to life in the current day.
- The video should run between 90 seconds and two minutes in length, and should be posted online to a website such as YouTube or Vimeo, with a link sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FMAA Board members will review entries and make the final decision.
REQUIRED EMAIL SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
Submission Email: There is NO PHYSICAL APPLICATION, all submission and required documents must be sent to Ms. Hope Silverman at email@example.com
- Applicant email must include:
1. The applicant’s name
2. Applicants Mailing Address
3. Applicants Phone Number
4. Applicants Email
5. Current High School Name
6. Brief statement of future education plans (500 words or less)
7. Applicant should also include where they learned about the FMAA scholarship program. (CPS students response should be: CPS Academic Works System)
8. A copy of a signed FMAA Video Release Form must also be attached to the email submission. (FMAA Video Release Form)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
For additional questions or concerns, contact the scholarship provider via email: firstname.lastname@example.org