IPLAC Educational Foundation Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The IPLAC Educational Foundation has been organized by the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago for the purpose of funding and awarding a one-time scholarship for seniors at a Chicago public high school, planning to major in science, engineering, or pre-law in college. Scholarship applicants must submit high school transcripts, ACT and/or SAT scores, and a legibly completed application. Selected scholarship recipients are required to attend in person the IPLAC organization’s annual dinner in May to receive scholarship check.
Website: IPLAC Educational Foundation Scholarship
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Charter School Applicant Information ONLY: Click Here to Review IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS and Gain Access to Complete the Charter School Application
- Have a minimum 3.0 weighted GPA
- Applicants must be Chicago public high school seniors. Students attending CPS charter schools are eligible (students attending schools outside the City of Chicago Public School System are not eligible)
- Applicants must plan to major in science, engineering or pre-law
- The application MUST include high school transcript and ACT and/or SAT scores
- Chosen students must attend the IPLAC dinner in May 2018 in order to receive the award.
- Personal Essay – while a personal essay is not required, we strongly encourage to consider submitting one with your application because doing so will help our selection committee during the selection process.
- Community Service Hours – while not required, demonstrated community service activities should be included on your application because that information will be helpful during the selection process.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation – while not required, letters of recommendation from counselors and teachers and coaches and employers are valuable and help our selection committee in the selection process. We strongly encourage you to consider including letters of recommendation.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Contact Information: CPS Scholarship Manager at CollegeScholarships@cps.edu