WTS Junior College Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Description:
WTS fosters the development of women in the transportation field by encouraging bright new professionals to undertake careers in the area of transportation. One way it does this is by awarding community, technical, or trade college scholarships to women pursuing transportation-related study at community and trade colleges. This scholarship is intended for students pursuing an associate or technical degree in transportation-related studies. The WTS Junior College Scholarship through the Greater Chicago Chapter is $1,000. The winner of the Greater Chicago Chapter scholarship will be nominated for the WTS International Foundation scholarship of an additional $1,000.
Website: WTS Junior College Scholarship
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST LOG-IN & APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Need Help logging-in to Academic Works? Check out the Academic Works User Comprehension Guide for assistance with your application.
CHARTER School Applicant Information ONLY: Click Here to Review IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS and Gain Access to Complete the Charter School Application
- Applicant must be a female high school senior planning to attend a Junior College for the 2018-19 school year.
- Unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in a degree program for the 2018-2019 school year in a transportation-related field at a junior college in the Chicagoland area
- Official High School Transcript
- Student must submit a completed application via CPS Academic Works.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a Teacher, Counselor, College & Career Coach, Professor or Job Supervisor.
- Proof of Enrollment: For the Fall 2018 semester at the Junior College of your choice within Chicago
- Personal Statement: A statement about your career goals after graduation and why you think that you should receive the scholarship award. Applicants must address the issue of leadership, its importance in a transportation career, and the applicant’s leadership achievements. (Statement should not exceed 500 words)
- Resume (optional): If you would like your resume forwarded to companies in the Chicago area for potential internship or full-time opportunities, please upload your resume via your application. Please note on your resume your anticipated graduation date and if you are looking for an internship or full-time position.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: No, but students who have applied or received this scholarship in the past can apply again for consideration.
For questions regarding application completion contact CPS Scholarship Manager via email at CollegeScholarhips@cps.edu
For questions regarding the organization and eligibility requirements contact the Scholarship Provider via email at WTSChicago.Scholarship@gmail.com