Program Overview & Description:
High Jump is a two-year tuition-free academic enrichment program that serves motivated 7th and 8th grade students from families of limited economic means. At High Jump, students take fun and challenging classes created to strengthen their math, reading, and writing skills as well as develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills—all to prepare them for high school and college success. Students learn to get organized, make good decisions, discover new passions, and be a self-advocate.
With three campuses across Chicago at the Latin School of Chicago, the Francis W. Parker School and University of Chicago Laboratory School; the program consists of six weeks of intensive daily instruction in the summer and two Saturdays each month during the school year. Applicants should be in the sixth grade at time of applying, and have a “B” average.
Website: High Jump
Application in English & Español: Access Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- 6th-grade students are welcome to apply
- Students with B or higher average or an unweighted 3.0 GPA (High Jump students earn more A’s than B’s)
- 70 percentile and higher on fifth grade Math and Reading standardized test.
- Students who thirst for more knowledge or require an academic challenge
- Students whose family demonstrates a financial need—eligible for Illinois free or reduced breakfast/lunch or financial aid at tuition-based schools
- 5th and 6th-grade report cards
Essay of no more than 300 words
- 2016 and 2017 1040 Federal Income Tax Forms
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (1- math teacher, 1- english teacher, 1- principal/counselor)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Contact Information: If you have any questions, please contact High Jump at 312.582.7700 or email email@example.com