Langston University Freshman Scholarship
The purpose of the Langston University Scholarship is to assist prospective Freshman students with college financial obligations. The Edwin P. McCabe Honors Program awards premier scholarships for incoming freshmen: McCabe and Regents Scholarships. Scholarship recipients are guaranteed membership in the McCabe Honors Program and enrollment in general education honors courses.The applicant should be a first-time entering freshman who has not attended any college after graduation from high school. However, it is acceptable if the student was an “early entry” student while still in high school.
Website: Langston University -Scholarships
(1) Applicants must be admitted to the university and in good academic standing.
(2) Applicants must file the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through www-fafsa.ed.gov. Langston University’s FAFSA Code is 003157.
- Applicant is a United States citizen
- Applicant has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 (Regents) 3.5 (McCabe) for high school and college (concurrent/dual enrollment) courses
- Applicant has a minimum ACT score of 22 or SAT score of 1530 (McCabe)
- Participation in extracurricular activities and community service
- Complete a Langston University admission application and receive an acceptance letter from Langston University
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, up to eight semesters
Scholarship Notification and Acceptance Instructions:
Students will be notified through their Langston University e-mail address if they are chosen. Students must accept the award by the posted deadline. If the scholarship is not accepted by the deadline the scholarship will be awarded to another student. Your award will be paid directly to your student account. If you have an outstanding account balance your award will first be applied to the balance and the remainder will then be disbursed to you. If you receive financial aid this award may affect your status. Please contact the Langston University financial aid office at (405) 466-3282 to see how this affects you.