Metropolitan Officials Association Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
Because the Chicago Public School student-athletes have given so much to us as an association that officiates multiple sports for CPS, we, the MOA, would like to give back to the student-athletes. We officials, consider ourselves a small but integral part of the education of Chicago Public School student-athletes. We look for that student that can definitely benefit from the scholarship, has done well for his/her school as a student and athlete, and is a valid participant in his/her community and/or church. We host an annual Golf outing that provides the funds for the scholarships.
Website: Metropolitan Officials Association
Application: Download Here
- Graduating high school senior (class of 2019)
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA (at least “C” average)
- Must be an active member of a sports team(s)
- Must have at least 40 hours of Service Learning
- Must be an active participant in a Community/Public Service Organization
- Student must be able to satisfy an oral interview by a Scholarship Committee panel.
- Student must submit a fully completed application signed and all questions answered.
- Student should submit at the time of application at least a one-page essay indicating his/her goals for higher education.
- Student should present two (2) letters of recommendation: (family members excluded). Letters should come from a church leader at the church of which you are a member, representative of the community or public service organization of which you are an active participant, or a school administrator/faculty member/coach, of the school that you are presently attending.
Mail Application by Friday, May 24, 2019 to:
- Pamela Young
4343 N. Clarendon #1006
Chicago, IL 60613
Open to DREAMers: Yes