Illinois AMVETS Scholarship Program
The Illinois AMVETS Service Foundation supports a scholarship program each year that provides graduating Illinois High School students a scholarship for their continued education.
Website: Illinois AMVETS Scholarship Program
Application: Download Here
- Must be Illinois resident
- Have taken the ACT or SAT
- Child or grandchild of a veteran or active-duty
Letter of Recommendation from high school official on school letterhead.
- 100 words or less typed essay answering the following: Why should I be selected for this scholarship? Please describe any academic achievements, community service activities, examples of leadership, or other person characteristics that make you deserving of this scholarship?
- Official High School transcripts with Explanation of grading system
- Copy of ACT and/or SAT score
- Participation letter from Junior ROTC Instructor if applying for Junior ROTC Scholarship only.
- Acceptance letter if applying for Sad Sacks Nursing only.
Open to DREAMers: No
Contact Information: Please call 1-800-638-8387