Chicago Defender Charities, Inc. Bud Billiken Scholarship Program
Organization & Scholarship Description:
As part of the ongoing commitment to the advancement of education in the African American community, the Chicago Defender Charities, Inc. is proud to provide the Chicago Defender Charities, Inc. Bud Billiken™ Scholarship Program. This scholarship is designed to encourage students to further their education in an effort to advance the state of the communities in which they live. The organization believes that by investing in the education of the youth today, students will have a greater potential to positively impact their communities in the future.
Website: Chicago Defender Charities, Inc®. Bud Billiken® Scholarship Program
Application: Access Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- Be a United States Citizen and resident of Illinois
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.6/4.0 scale
- Have completed a minimum 50 hours of community service hours
- Be a current high school senior graduating in 2019 OR currently enrolled first or second year undergraduate student
- Most recent official transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (1 academic and 1 non-relative, personal)
Proof of acceptance or enrollment in a college or university
Video Submission (see below)
Video Submission: 1-3 minute video answering the following topics…
(a) How has your education shaped who you are in today’s society?
(b) How can you use that to make a positive impact on others?
Please note that members and relatives of the following are NOT ALLOWED to participate in the scholarship program:
Employees of the Chicago Defender Charities, Inc.
Members of the Board of Directors of the Chicago Defender Charities, Inc.
Contractors of and with the Chicago Defender Charities, Inc.
Vendors of and with the Chicago Defender Charities, Inc.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please contact email@example.com