Future Leaders in Planning (FLIP) Summer Program
Future Leaders in Planning (FLIP) is the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning’s (CMAP) leadership development program for high school students in Northeastern Illinois. FLIP is a FREE program where teens learn about the issues that shape our region and think of solutions with other students from Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties. Participants meet and interact with selected regional leaders who make key planning decisions in our communities.
Website: Future Leaders in Planning
Online Application: Apply Here
Paper Application: Download Here
Reference Form: Access Here
Informational Flyer: Access Here
- Be in high school during the 2019-20 school year
- Reside in one of the seven counties in the northeastern Illinois region.
- Possess a desire and interest to learn more about the region and our communities.
A Completed Application consists of…
- Complete the Student Application Form.
- Complete the essay (be sure to include your name on the essay).
- Have one (1) teacher, counselor, mentor, or community leader complete a Reference Form
- Email a headshot photo to be included in the FLIP yearbook to FLIP@cmap.illinois.gov with the subject line “FLIP Application Photo [Student Name].”
If applying by mail, send completed application form and essay to:
- Future Leaders in Planning
Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 800
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? please contact Katanya Raby (firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-386-8628) or Katie Piotrowska (email@example.com or 312-386-8712).