Edward G. Irvin Scholarship Foundation
The Edward G. Irvin scholarship is provided through the Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation. It is awarded annually to graduating male high school seniors and designed to supplement some of the student’s extra-collegiate expenses (i.e. books and fees).
Website: Edward G. Irvin Scholarship
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Need Help logging into Academic Works? Check out the Academic Works User Comprehension Guide for assistance with your application.
Charter School Applicant Information ONLY: Click Here to Review IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS and Gain Access to Complete the Charter School Application
- Graduating high school male of African-American descent
- Minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.75
- Minimum ACT score of 18 and/or SAT score of 950
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service programs
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, for up to 4 years.
- $5,000 ($1,250 disbursed annually over 4 years)
- Supplemental Questions
- Official Transcript Required
- Please upload your college letter of acceptance. The letter of acceptance or proof must come from a regionally accredited two or four-year institution of higher learning.
- You are required to list your work history (if applicable); involvement in extra-curricular activities; community service, and awards and honors received.
- List the name of the college you plan to attend in fall 2019
- What is your intended college major?
- How did you find out about this scholarship?
- Required Essay: "Why should you be considered to be a recipient of the Edward G. Irvin Kappa Alpha Psi Scholarship?" (300 word minimum)
- Please provide a brief autobiography (300 word maximum)
- Financial Analysis: Expenses
- 1. College Name
- 2. Tuition Costs
- 3. Room and Board
- 4. Books and Supplies
- 5. Personal Items
- 6. Transportation
- 7. Number of members in the household (include self)
- 8. Total number of family members in college in fall 2019 (include self)
- Financial Analysis: Resources
- Financial Analysis: Other Scholarships/Grants
- 1. Scholarship Name
- 2. Scholarship Award Amount
- Please provide one (1) recommendation from a non-family member.
- Please upload a color, wallet-sized (headshot) photo (graduation photo or school day photos are acceptable). This photo will not be returned.
- Show 8 more