Buffalo Troopers Motorcycle Club Chicago Chapter Scholarship Program
Organization & Scholarship Overview
In 1993, the Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club was founded in Chicago by Ken “Dream Maker” Thomas to socialize men and women who shared similar ideals and the common bond of motorcycling. The name was chosen to uphold and perpetuate the heroic legend of the original Buffalo Soldiers and the legacy of excellence of the African American soldiers who followed. The scholarships are a one-time award in the amount up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) to use toward college, university or trade school costs and expenses. Scholarship awards are nonrenewable. If selected, the Scholarship monies will be submitted to the educational institution financial/bursar office for your use while enrolled. The application is open to high school seniors.
Our Vision: Educate others and ourselves about the history and contributions of the Buffalo Soldiers, notably the 9th & 10th Cavalry. Demonstrate and promote safe individual and group riding experiences. Provide positive role models to the youth in our community. Support the charitable needs of the community in the local and Great Lakes Frontier.
Website: Buffalo Troopers Scholarship
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Do you attend a CPS Charter High School?
Charter School Applicant Information ONLY: Click Here to Review IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS and Gain Access to the Charter School Application
- Have an unweighted GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to community service and display leadership abilities in school activities or through work experience (minimum 10 hours of community service)
- Two (2) professional references: Teacher or school personnel, volunteer coordinator, supervisor
- Must attend a high school in a community served by Chicago Buffalo Troopers
- Demonstrate financial need
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions in regards to application: Patricia Johnson, Scholarship Chairperson at email@example.com