Rotary Club of Chicago: JOB1 Summer Internship Program
The JOB1 Summer Internship Program was created fourteen years ago, in 2003, when the Rotary Club of Chicago was looking for a vocational services program that would deliver significant community value and that would engage Rotary members as well as the community it serves. Then, in 2005, JOB1 started as JobStart, a part of the City of Chicago’s KidStart Corporate Initiative. Rotary has remained a collaborative partner with the city and Chicago Public Schools and its Career and Technical Education department. As the signature program for ROTARY/One, JOB1 prepares City of Chicago High School 11th grade and graduating seniors, who are sixteen and over, for the workplace by providing job readiness training, as well as, substantive paid summer internship opportunities with local business’ and not for profits in the Chicago.
Website: Rotary Club Chicago
JOB1 Information: Download Here
Internship Application: Download Here
2019 College Award Application: Download Here (SENIORS ONLY)
- Must be enrolled in the 11th grade or be a graduating senior attending a Chicago High School
- Participate in extra-curricular programs (such as Chicago Public Schools’ Education to Careers).
- Are recommended by teachers and/or school counselors.
- Must attend 3 job training programs sponsored by the Rotary Club of Chicago.
- Attend Job Fair sponsored by Rotary Club of Chicago.
- Participate in a volunteer service project.
- An eight week internship/Job with a minimum wage of $13.00 per hour and a 20-40 hour workweek.
- Assignment to a Chicago company or not for profit organization.
- Opportunity to participate in the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards annual training.
- Opportunity (for graduating seniors) to secure a $2,500 college award.
Contact Information: call 312-372-3900 or email JOB1@rotaryone.club