John J. Hoellen Scholarship (For Lake View High School Only)
The Hoellen Scholar Award will award TWENTY $1,000 scholarships to Lake View seniors.
- Must be a high school senior and attend Lake View High School
- Must demonstrate financial need (A copy of your Student Aid Report or award letter and/or letter explaining special circumstances)
- Must submit an essay on the topic below (300-word minimum, 500-word maximum)
- Must provide proof of acceptance to the college you plan to attend
- No GPA Requirement
Essay Topic: Respond to ONE of the following prompts.
All essays must be typed, size 12 Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and a minimum 300 words, maximum 500 words.
(1) What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
(2) Describe why participating in service learning is an essential and meaningful experience.
Open to DREAMers: Yes