Peter O. Sovell Scholarship (For Lake View High School Only)
The Peter O. Sovell Scholarship is for students who are working towards bettering themselves and/or their community through engagement and activism. Students who apply should be able to articulate why they find their area of work so important, as well as what they are trying to accomplish and how they will measure or know they have accomplished their goal(s). Students who participate in the Lake View Environmental, Sexualities and Gender Alliance, Black Student Union, and Social Justice groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be a high school senior and attend Lake View High School
- Must demonstrate financial need (A copy of your Student Aid Report or award letter and/or letter explaining special circumstances)
- Must submit an essay on the topic below (300-word minimum, 500-word maximum)
- Must provide proof of acceptance to the college you plan to attend
- Must have completed a minimum of 20 community service hours
- No GPA Requirement
Essay Prompt: Respond to the following prompt.
All essays must be typed, size 12 Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and a minimum 300 words, maximum 500 words.
Please describe which community service activity has meant the most to you and answer the following questions:
(1) When and how did you first get involved with this activity?
(2) How has your community service experience made you think differently about others or yourself?
(3) How has your community service influenced your plans for college or work in the future?
Open to DREAMers: Yes