One Million Degrees Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The One Million Degrees Scholarship (OMD), formerly known as the Illinois Education Foundation Signature Scholarship, is designed to provide financial, academic and student support to low-income, high-potential community college students. IEF scholarships combine “last dollar” financial assistance along with a full set of academic support services-including mentorship, tutoring and academic advising to empower more Illinois college students to achieve their degrees and reach their full potential. The OMD Scholarship provides financial assistance in two ways. Through a “last-dollar” tuition assistance scholarship, which provides for any costs not covered by a student’s financial aid and through a need-based stipend of up to $750 per semester.
Website: One Million Degrees Scholarship
Application: Access Here
- Be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2020
- Be Pell eligible (FASFA) or be a STAR Scholarship recipient
- Proof of demonstrated financial need will be required upon admittance
- Have a 2.0 GPA entering the OMD Program
- Be pursuing their first college degree or certificate
- Can commit to attending professional development sessions once a month on a Saturday from 9am -12pm for the academic school year (Aug-May).
- Harold Washington College
- Harper College
- Harry S. Truman College
- Kennedy-King College
- Malcolm X College
- Olive-Harvey College
- Prairie State College
- Richard J. Daley College
- South Suburban College
- Wilbur Wright College
Renewable: Yes, scholars are endowed for up to three years to support their education at a community college.
Open to DREAMers: Yes, ONLY IF the student receives the STAR Scholarship OR will receive the STAR scholarship after the CCC summer program.
Questions? please email email@example.com