Exelon African-American Resource Alliance (EAARA) Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Exelon African American Resource Alliance (EAARA) is seeking to assist qualified African-American students pursuing post high school education by awarding scholarships in the amount of $1,000. We are accepting applications March 1, 2020 through May 31, 2020 for eligible candidates!
Website & Application: EAARA Scholarship
Candidates for an EAARA Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- African-American currently residing in ComEd’s Illinois service territory
- Attend or plan to enroll in a 2-year or 4-year accredited college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
Please Note: Employee, director, officer, or independent contractor of ComEd or its parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies or immediate family member of such person, are NOT eligible to receive this award.
- A completed online application form
- Recent photo of candidate
- 400 – 500 word essay responding to the question: Describe how you would utilize your educational experience to assist someone through a transitional period (i.e. going from elementary to high school or from high school to college, etc.). Has this happened to you and if so, tell us about your experience?
- High School Transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one letter must be from an instructor)
Open to DREAMers: Yes