Genesys Works Internship Program
Program Description & Overview:
Genesys Works gives students the life-changing opportunity to work in a professional corporation while still in high school, but this is simply the first step in each student’s path to success. It is essential that our students go on to college, and 95% of them do just that. The goal of our Career and College Connection program is to arm students with the skills they need to enroll and succeed in college. During weekly meetings over the course of the school year, we help students explore career interests, choose and apply to colleges, complete scholarship applications, secure financial aid, and build professional and life skills.
Website: Genesys Works
Application: Access Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
A high school junior (class of 2021) who is on track to graduate.
- Legally able to work in the U.S. and have valid documentation allowing you to do so.
- At least 16 years of age by August 1 of your training year.
- Able to work in the afternoons during your senior year in high school. Since this can conflict with other activities, you will have to make the choice before signing up with Genesys Works.
- Recommended by your school counselor, principal or specialty teacher.
- Willing to invest your entire summer, completing our intensive training program.
- Willing to commit to regular attendance. Your participation in Genesys Works has to be top priority.
- Able to provide your own transportation to and from Genesys Works and your worksite. (Many of our students use public transportation.)
- Able to meet the Genesys Works dress code and the dress requirements of our corporate clients.
- Aware that Genesys Works is something you do in addition to your schoolwork. You must maintain good standing in school and at Genesys Works.
Work at top companies like General Mills, US Bank, Ameriprise Financial, earn $10,000 your senior year of high school, and build an impressive resume. Genesys Works also offers professional skills training so that students may gain entry into a corporate environment. In order to be successful, though, students must also learn valuable social skills utilized in the corporate environment.
Our professional skills sessions provide training in areas such as:
- Proper communication
- Business etiquette
- Résumé and goal writing
- Conflict resolution
- Responsibility and accountability
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Depends on the internship location
Questions? Please email FA@genesysworks.org for assistance with your application form