DePaul College Connect Summer Enrichment Program
College Connect is a summer enrichment program for Chicago high school students. Designed for rising high school seniors and juniors, the program introduces students to college-level coursework, while also providing college readiness workshops, career exploration opportunities and diverse cultural experiences. College Connect tuition, books and course materials are FREE to admitted students, and we will provide CTA Ventra cards for commuting to DePaul. Admission to the program is based on demonstrated academic achievement, counselor or teacher recommendation, and students’ personal essays. Admission decisions will be made in April.
Website: College Connect Summer Program
Online Application: Access Here
Course Overview: View Here
- Must attend high school in Chicago;
Be in grade 11 (rising senior; class of 2021);
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA;
- A good attendance record and plans for college
- Complete online application
Personal statement (explain why you want to be a part of College Connect, what you hope to gain by participating, and what you can bring to the program)
- Current high school transcript (PDF is acceptable)
Recommendation letter from a high school counselor or teacher
College Connect 2020 will run from June 29 through July 31. Classes will be held Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
2020 Summer Courses:
- Breaking News: Journalism 101
- Hospitality in Chicago: Leadership, Service, and Success
- Life in Stills: Storytelling through Photography
- From Rizzo to LeBron: Sports Reporting in the Digital Age
- Animation: The Cartoon Road to Self-Expression and Social Change
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please contact Kate Agarwal at email@example.com or (773) 325-8375.