From Classroom to Classroom Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
Our mission at Education.com is to champion the cause of children’s education and support teachers and parents as they seek to help their kids succeed in school and fall in love with learning. We believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to access education, but we know college tuition costs have significantly risen in the last decade. To better support future educators as they pursue their own education, we’re excited to offer our Classroom to Classroom Scholarship. If you’re a high school senior about to start your first year of college and can clearly demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, then we want to hear from you! Once per year, we’ll select one winner to receive a $5,000 scholarship to apply towards their education. In addition to this cash award, the winner will also receive two Education.com Lifetime Memberships (one for the winner and one to share with an existing or aspiring K-12 teacher of the winner’s choice).
Website: Education.com Scholarship Programs (Click “From Classroom to Classroom Scholarship” on the right)
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Accepted as a full-time student at a 2-year, 4-year, or technical vocational college or university in the United States for the 2019-2020 academic year. We will require proof of enrollment.
- Intent to pursue an Education or closely related degree
- Proof of strong academic performance, leadership, and community service, if applicable.
- Extracurriculars at school
- Community Service
- List of Employment (if applicable)
- If selected, you must provide an official high school transcript for GPA and college enrollment verification.
Required Essay (500-1,000 words)
How have your educational experiences to date inspired you to become a teacher? What does winning this scholarship mean for your college experience and future career?
Please feel free to draw upon any influential teachers / mentors or any extracurriculars, community service, or employment, if any.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email email@example.com