City of Chicago 2020 CSBG Scholarship
The City of Chicago 2020 Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Scholarship program helps low-income Chicagoans finance higher education. Funds can be applied toward tuition, uniforms, study-related fees and books. The scholarship offering is open to all City of Chicago residents enrolled full-time by September 15, 2020 in an Illinois institution of higher education either in a degree or certificate program.
Website: Chicago Department of Family and Support Services
2019 Application: Download Here
- Must be a City of Chicago resident;
- Must be income-eligible* and provide proof of income for 3 months;
- Must posses a minimum unweighted 1.35 GPA;
- Must be enrolled full-time by September 15, 2020 in an Illinois institution of higher education either in a degree or certificate program
*Check Here (page 1)
- Completed application packet;
- One (1) letter of recommendation from your school, work, extra-curricular or church/house of worship activity environments. The recommendation must be on the letterhead of the agency, business, church or school and signed by the endorser;
- Completed essay (300 words minimum – no maximum)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: No, however, scholarship recipients may apply the following year.
Questions? Please email Jenny.Schuler@cityofchicago.org