Back 2 School Illinois Scholarship
Organization Overview & Scholarship Description:
Back 2 School Illinois (B2SI) believes education is the key to America’s future, and these scholarships will help unlock brighter futures for deserving and dedicated students. The mission of Back 2 School Illinois is to create and support educational opportunities that enrich the lives of Illinois children. B2SI will award a cash grant of $2,500 for the freshman year of study to college-bound high school seniors, using leadership skills in both school and local community as well as academic achievement as the criteria to identify winners. The scholarship awards are provided through the generosity of our individuals, businesses and sponsors.
Website: Back 2 School Illinois
Application: Download Here
- College-bound high school seniors only
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (weighted or unweighted)
- Must live in Illinois and be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Student must show commitment to community service
- 300-word essay
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from your community service organization and one from your school)
- An official high school transcript, which includes your first semester senior year grades and your standardized test scores (e.g., ACT or SAT).
What’s the Process?
1. Complete the entire application in black pen or submit a typed version.
2. Send fully completed application to B2SI office.
3. It must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2020.
4. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Education Director and scholarship committee.
5. Scholarship recipients must provide proof of acceptance of a two- or four-year college or university in the U.S.
6. Only recipients will be notified by phone or mail. You can use the freshman year scholarship award to pay for tuition, fees, books, and/or other educational expenses.
7. Recipients will be invited, along with one guest, to attend B2SI’s Back 2 School program Kickoff Dinner (May 7, 2020 at Galleria Marchetti) for a formal check presentation. Attendance is requested but not mandatory to receive the scholarship award.
Mail Application to:
- Scholarship Program Application
Back 2 School Illinois
3959 N. Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60613
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Contact Information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org