AMS Minority Scholarship
The AMS Minority Scholarships will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. Funding for the scholarships is provided by industry and through donations made by members to the AMS Giving Program.
Website: AMS Scholarships
Application: Access Here
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minority students who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Students must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. Marine Biology is not eligible.
- Students eligible to apply for the AMS Minority Scholarship Program may also apply to the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program but can only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
- Completed application form
- An official high school transcript showing past three years
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or school counselor
- A copy of scores from a SAT or similar national college entrance exam
This application requires that you enter scores for both SAT and ACT. However, if you have only taken one of these standardized tests enter zero “0” in the answer box in order to complete your application
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: The $6,000 two-year scholarship is for $3,000 per year during freshman and sophomore years (second-year funding depends on successful completion of the first academic year).
Contact Information: AMS Development and Student Program Manager, Donna Fernandez at email@example.com (617-227-2426 ext. 3907)