City Treasurer's Hispanic Heritage Month Scholarship
Chicago City Treasurer Melissa Conyears-Ervin is proud to announce the 2019 Hispanic Heritage Month Essay Contest. This scholarship recognizes a senior in high school who has displayed outstanding academic achievement or community involvement and writes a thoughtful and impactful essay (600-1,200 words) on a topic related to Hispanic Heritage Month. Participating students must also provide a description of their college plans. Winners will receive a $1,500 and $1,000 award, respectively.
Website: Chicago City Treasurer
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST LOG-IN & APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Need Help signing-in to Academic Works? Check out the Academic Works User Comprehension Guide for assistance with your application.
Do you attend a CPS Charter School? Click Here to Access The Electronic CHARTER Application
CPS senior (class of 2020)
- NO GPA REQUIREMENT
- Plan to enroll in an accredited two or four-year institution of higher education or educational institution in the fall of 2020
- Strong community service/civic engagement suggested (students should be able to prove their required service learning hours as reflected on their transcript)
- Official Transcript Required
- Please provide a recommendation from a teacher, counselor or college and career coach who is familiar with student’s academic work
- Please provide a recommendation/verification regarding community service (non-relative, 50 hours minimum)
List other scholarships you have applied for
College Plans Essay (500 words max): (a) Please describe your college plans for fall of 2020. Include the institution you plan to attend, your intended major, how you plan to pay for school-related costs (i.e., tuition, room, board, textbooks, airfare, etc.). Include the names and amounts of any scholarships you have been awarded.
Essay 2 (600 – 1,200 words max): If you could create a business in your community, what would it be and why?
Open to DREAMers: Yes