Society of Women Engineers Chicago Regional Section Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
SWE, Society of Women Engineers, aims to inspire women to achieve their full potential as engineers and leaders and help them as they seek to be their authentic selves in all stages of their careers and lives. This year, SWE Chicago Regional Section will be awarding three to five scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are pursuing a degree in engineering or computer science. These scholarships will be sponsored by various companies in collaboration with SWE.
Website: Society of Women Engineers Chicago Regional Section
Application: Access Here
Please Note: The deadline has been EXTENDED to Friday, April 24, 2020.
Applicant must be a female.
- The applicant’s home must be in a zip code within the range of these three numbers as the first three digits: IL 600-608, 610-611, and 613; IN 463-466.
- For the Fall 2020 semester, the applicant must be a freshman, re-entry or transfer student accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university.
- The applicant’s unweighted GPA must be a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. (All Schools on a 5.0 Scale must recalculate the student’s GPA on a 4.0 scale.)
- Three (3) Essay Questions- 150 words for each.
- School Transcripts must be sent by your school. School Officials can submit Transcripts via e-mail as a .pdf or docufide to: SWE Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
Letters of Recommendation can be submitted by .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2020.
Do not submit more than two (2) Letters of Recommendation. Only 2 will be submitted to Judges.
- Winners will be required to provide proof of enrollment into an engineering program at an accredited university.
- Winners will be required to submit their Fall 2020 tuition bill.
- Be sure to check out the additional SWE Scholarships at http://www.swe.org!
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org