Foot Locker Scholars Athletes Program
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities. Whether you’re the lead scorer or the most spirited team player, we want to hear how you have taken the skills you’ve cultivated in the locker room and used to them create a powerful, positive impact on the lives of others around you. Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
Website: Foot Locker Scholars Athletes Program
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
Create an Account & Apply: Access Here (Due by 4PM Chicago Time on Friday, January 3, 2020)
Nominate an Athlete: Access here (Provide the nominee’s information by Friday, December 13, 2019 and we will invite them to apply)
- Be a high school senior who is enrolled in and scheduled to matriculate (12 semester credit minimum) at a four (4)-year accredited college or university in the United States;
Have been a member in good standing of a sports team at their school and/or involved in an after school or community-based sports program such as intramurals and martial arts;
- Have an unweighted Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above from 9th grade to first semester of 12th grade;
- Be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident;
- Have documented all extracurricular activities (school/community involvement/employment) that he/she participated in from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade;
- Have documented all Community Service that he/she participated in from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade; and
- Have submitted for consideration: evidence of past academic performance and future potential, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational aspirations and goals, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal.
- All selected Scholars must maintain satisfactory academic progress at his/her college or university to receive funds.
- Foot Locker Foundation Inc. employees and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this Program.
OCTOBER 9TH, 2019 – Application opens at 7:00AM Chicago Time.
DECEMBER 13TH, 2019 – Nomination period closes.
JANUARY 3RD, 2020 – Application closes at 4:00PM Chicago Time.
APRIL/MAY, 2020 – Scholarship winners are announced.
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, for up to 4 years. You must maintain satisfactory academic progress at his/her college or university to receive funds.
Contact Information: Please email email@example.com