Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation College Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization with the mission of educating, advocating, and providing services for youth and families that are affected by a life which includes asthmatic conditions. The focus of the foundation is to lessen the adverse health effects on asthmatic children and young adults that are involved in athletics. As a part of our foundational charter, the Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation seeks to award annual scholarships to qualified high school seniors who are student-athletes and who have a medically documented diagnosis of asthma. Scholarship applications are made available to assist with college education expenses for those students that have been confirmed to attend a two-year community college or a four-year college or university as a full-time student the following Fall.
Website: Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation
Application: Download Here
Please Note: The deadline had been EXTENDED to Saturday, May 30, 2020
- You are a high school senior graduating in June of the current school year
- You participate in (a minimum of one) high school sports activity
- You have been involved in charitable activities such as community service or volunteer work
- You can provide documented evidence of an asthma medical condition by a medical professional
- Permanent residence in one of the following Chicagoland area counties: Cook, Lake, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry, or Will
All applications will be reviewed and selected by the Board of Directors of the Christopher D. Redding Youth Asthma Foundation. Scholarship recipients will be based upon student essay submissions, letters of recommendation provided by both a high school athletic director or coach and community service organization, and the content submitted on the attached student application form that has been provided.
Scholarship applications will be received during the period of January 1st, 2020 through April 15th, 2020.
The student scholarship application packet must contain all of the following:
- The attached two-page application form completed by the student.
- A letter of recommendation from a high school athletic director or coach.
- A letter of recommendation from the staff member of a community service organization such as a religious institution, charitable or nonprofit organization, which documents the volunteer service activities of the student.
- An official high school transcript (in a sealed envelope) which includes credits and grades for seven semesters. Please note that the transcript must have an official seal and signature.
- An official ACT or SAT report.
- A signed physician’s letter which documents the students diagnosed case of asthma.
- A typed double-spaced essay of approximately 2 pages: “The Impact of Asthma on my Life”.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email email@example.com