Ezekiel Taylor Scholarship Foundation
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Ezekiel Taylor Scholarship Foundation (ETSF) is a 501©3 that provides financial assistance to African-American male high school seniors in the Chicago-area seeking to attend a four or two-year college, university or trade school. Named after the late Ezekiel Taylor, who was killed on the South Side of Chicago, the foundation identifies young Black men who have been impacted by Chicago’s senseless gun violence. ETSF provides funding and male mentorship in an effort to educate, empower and encourage.
Website: Ezekiel Taylor Scholarship
Online Application: Apply Now
PDF Application: Download Here
- Be a Black male high school senior
- Provide proof of residency (Cook County)
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Provide proof of ACT/SAT score
- Must attend a two or four-year college or university in fall of 2020
- Must write an essay
- Provide a copy of high school transcript
- Provide two (2) recommendation letters on original letterhead
How has the Chicago violence impacted your life, your family, and friends? Despite the impact, how can you use the situation to make a difference in your community?
(Minimum 500 words, Maximum 750 words)
- Applications must be submitted electronically OR typed/printed and signed by the student, parents and guidance counselor and submitted via postal mail
- Mailed Applications MUST be postmarked by March 15, 2020. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted
- Winners will be announced via mail by May 30, 2020.
- All winners MUST attend the Scholarship Awards Fundraiser. Saturday, July 25, 2020 (failure to appear at awards gala, results in the forfeit of funds.)
Scholarship Contact Information:
- Mail completed packages in 81/2 envelope to:
Ezekiel Taylor Scholarship Foundation Committee
P.O. Box 22
Glenwood, IL 60425-0022
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, as long as the student is enrolled in a college (2 years) or 4 year university.Renewable as long as the student is enrolled in a college (2 years) or 4 year university.