CGCS-Bernard Harris Math and Science Scholarship Program
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program was established to encourage minority students to pursue college degrees and careers in science, technology, engineering and math. This spring, $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to two African American and two Hispanic students currently completing their senior year of high school in a member district of the Council of the Great City Schools.
Website: CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program
Guidelines: View Here
Application: Access Here
Please Note: The deadline to apply has been EXTENDED to Monday, May 4, 2020.
- Must be a graduating high school senior (class of 2020)
- Must identify as Black or Hispanic
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Have been accepted as a full-time student at a four-year institution of higher education
- Must pursue a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- Your high school transcript
- A headshot photograph
- SAT and/or ACT Scores
Proof of acceptance to a four-year institution
- Two (2) one-page essays on the following topics:
Why have you chosen to pursue a career in a STEM field and how do you see yourself contributing in that field?
Please describe a meaningful volunteer or community service experience, including what you learned from participating.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals who know you well, at least two (2) of those letters must be from a teacher, counselor, principal or other school professional.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org