Flag Manufacturers Association of America (FMAA) Scholarship Program
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The Flag Manufacturers Association of America (FMAA) is a non-profit trade association, established in 2003, representing the leading United States flag manufacturers and suppliers dedicated to educating and promoting the quality, variety and proper use of flags manufactured in the United States. The organization attempts to educate members of the general public about the United States manufactured flag industry and its significance to community, economic and social development. FMAA offers one-time $2,000 scholarship to high school seniors who submit video submissions answering a specific question each year. This is a national opportunity and not limited to Chicago Public School students.
Website: The Flag Manufacturers Association of America
Guidelines & Mandatory Form That MUST be Signed & Submitted By Student AND Parent: FMAA Guidelines & Video Release Form
Note: Students MUST complete a Video Release Form for their submission for this scholarship.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
High School Senior planning to attend an accredited 2 or 4-year college/university in the Fall of 2020
Brief essay/statement on future education plans (500 words or less)
- NO GPA or ACT required
- NO RECOMMENDATION LETTERS required
Application and Video Submission Procedure:
Any entries not in compliance with these instructions will be disqualified
- Buy a 3’x5’ US flag from a reseller on Amazon, such as Anley, G128, Amipon, or VSVO, and create a video of the product listing and purchase.
- When it is received, verify that a country of origin label, such as “Made in China” or similar, is attached to the flag.
- Verify that the country of origin is labeled clearly on the packaging.
- On the video, show the product when it is received and why it is a counterfeit flag.
- Tell us on the video how you felt when you received the flag that was manufactured outside of the United States.
- Tell us why it is important to you that the American flag is “Made in the USA”.
REQUIRED EMAIL SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
Submission Email: There is NO PHYSICAL APPLICATION, all submission and required documents must be sent to Ms. Hope Silverman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant email must include:
1. The applicant’s name
2. Applicants Mailing Address
3. Applicants Phone Number
4. Applicants Email
5. Current High School Name
6. Brief statement of future education plans (500 words or less)
7. Applicant should also include where they learned about the FMAA scholarship program. (CPS students response should be: CPS Academic Works System)
8. A copy of a signed FMAA Video Release Form must also be attached to the email submission. (FMAA Video Release Form)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
For additional questions or concerns, contact the scholarship provider via email: email@example.com