The Giving Circle Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Giving Circle Scholarship provides financial assistance to African-American students from Chicago throughout their undergraduate journey. GCSF also monitors the progress of the recipient and provides support over the four years of their undergraduate career.
Website: The Giving Circle Scholarship
Application: Access Here
- Applicant must be an African-American high school senior graduating with a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must be accepted as a full-time student at a college or university for the upcoming academic semester.
- Preference will be given to first-generation students and those with a great financial need.
- Applicant must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by July 15th.
- Completed Application (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- High School Transcript (official submitted via counselor/postsecondary coach/school staff OR unofficial submitted by student)
Administrator Form (please attempt to get this form, however due to the current climate it is not mandatory to submit this form for application review.)
Essay (800-1,000 word maximum)
- One (1) Letter of Academic Reference
- One (1) Letter of Personal Reference
- Official Acceptance Letter from a College or University
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, $3,000 per year as long as student remains within Scholarship Criteria of maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA and has proof of a great financial need.
Questions? Please contact TheGivingCircleScholarship@gmail.com