The 2Gethers Foundation Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Description:
Our mission is dedicated to empowering first-generation students to attain a college degree and to equip them with the necessary resources, tools, and opportunities to achieve academic and life excellence. This is achieved through a variety of transformative programs, services, trainings, and mentorship.
Website: The 2Gethers Foundation
Application: Access Here
Please Note: The deadline had been EXTENDED to Sunday, April 12, 2020
- Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of the state of Illinois.
- Must be a graduating high school senior who have a minimum of a 2.5 weighted GPA.
- Expect to or have graduated high school by June of 2020 and have been accepted by an institution of higher learning for the fall of 2020 semester
- Have current student leadership or volunteer experience (e.g. student organization; community)
- Must be available to attend The 2Gethers Foundation Scholarship Awards Gala & Silent Auction. The event will be held on Thursday, July 30, 2020 from 6:30pm-10:00pm at the Oak Lawn Hilton located at 9333 Cicero, Oak Lawn, IL 60453. Scholarships will be awarded at the gala (finalists must be present).
- Provide a letter of acceptance to an accredited institution.
- Submit a 750-word personal essay introducing yourself, your family structure, career goals and/or interests, share any challenges that you have faced and how you worked to overcome them, and describe the impact that a college degree would have on you and your family.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation, on official letterhead, addressed to The 2Gethers Foundation from an academic and/or professional source (e.g. teacher, counselor, principal, employer). PDF files accepted only (each letter should be a single PDF file as they will be uploaded separately).
- Have a sealed official transcript mailed to The 2Gethers Foundation, P.O. Box 284, Crete, IL 60417.
Submission & Notification Information: Finalists will be notified by May 1, 2020. All required documents must be received by no later than Sunday, April 12, 2020.
Sealed official transcripts must be mailed to:
- The 2Gethers Foundation,
P.O. Box 284,
Crete, IL 60417
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.