Rev. George Ruffolo Memorial Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
On October 31, 2010 Rev. George T. Ruffolo was called by the Good Lord to his heavenly reward after having dedicated over 50 years of missionary work with the Hispanic Community. Fr. George’s dedication, perseverance and relentless spirit in working with our youth allowed our youth and countless teens to dream and achieve success outside of their communities. In December, 2012 the Rev. George T. Ruffolo Memorial Scholarship Foundation was established to honor Fr. George’s legacy and is dedicated to preserving the memory of Father George T. Ruffolo. The Foundation strives to make a significant difference in the lives of deserving Hispanic and other deserving students by providing scholarships to students in the Chicagoland area who are high school seniors or students matriculating full time at a post-secondary academic institution who are students of good moral character and strive to make a significant impact in the Hispanic Community.
Website: Rev. George T. Ruffolo Memorial Scholarship Foundation
Application: Download Here
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 1, 2020
- Any enrolled Senior in High School who has been ACCEPTED to an accredited College/University in the United States of America with an assigned full-time college course load/curriculum OR any undergraduate student, not a senior in college, currently enrolled at an accredited United States University, College, Community college or City of Chicago College with an assigned current full-time course load/curriculum.
- Applicants must posses a cumulative unweighted GPA of a “B” average or higher.
- Applicants must be full-time residents of Cook County, IL. Scholarship winners MUST reside full time in Cook County, Illinois. Residents from any other state or county are excluded from consideration for a scholarship.
ALL prior winners of the Rev. George T. Ruffolo Memorial Scholarship cannot apply, are excluded from any consideration and are NOT eligible to receive any subsequent scholarship award from this foundation.
- The most recent report card and OFFICIAL academic transcript;
Acceptance letter from a college / university;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably academic advisor, counselor or pastor (must be from a non-family member).
All Scholarship Applicants MUST submit all letters of recommendations IN ONE PACKET with this application!
- Please submit a one- page, typed essay advising the Scholarship Foundation about themselves and why he/she deserves to be a recipient of The Rev. George T. Ruffolo C.M.F. Scholarship.
- All applicants must submit and furnish proof of enrollment (a payment voucher, receipt or paid invoice) and/or a commitment letter at least SEVEN days after being notified by the Foundation of having been selected as a scholarship recipient. Failure to comply will result in a forfeiture of any scholarship award.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email email@example.com