Alicia R. Pruitt Foundation - Rose Scholarship Award
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Alicia R. Pruitt Foundation was founded to instill hope and provide support to underserved youth, from Chicago, IL and Flint, MI, who are overcoming traumatic life events. We provide scholarships, sponsorship, and other resources to students for college preparation and career readiness. The Rose Scholarship was created to provide financial support to students who are seeking to continue their education and achieve their dreams while overcoming traumatic experiences including (but not limited to) loss or incarceration of a parent, grief, neglect, abuse, abandonment, exposure or witness to violence, or any other distressing event. This award underlines our belief that while emotional and mental support for our youth is important, financial backing can make the difference in helping students reach their goals.
Website: The Alicia R. Pruitt Foundation
Application: Access Here
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Graduating high school senior
- Be enrolled to attend an accredited college or university, training program (barber college, cosmetology school, etc.), or another post-secondary program during fall 2020
- Primary resident of Chicago, IL or Flint, MI
- Must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) as of the end of the prior semester
Have overcome a traumatic experience. Trauma is used to describe distressing event(s) that may have long-lasting, harmful effect on a person’s physical and emotional healthy and well-being. Trauma can stem from childhood abuse or neglect, grief, loss, witnessing acts of violence, forms of violence, physical, emotional, or sexual abuse, and various sources of distress as well as historical trauma.
- High school transcript
- A 3-5 minute video essay outlining the traumatic experience you have overcome and how this scholarship will help you to meet your career goals. Trauma can stem from childhood abuse or neglect, grief and loss, witnessing acts of violence, forms of violence, physical, emotional, or sexual abuse, and various sources of distress as well as historical trauma (i.e Flint Water Crisis). Click this link to learn about scholarship video do’s and dont’s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isd65bn3emI
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org