Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - Career & Technical Education Scholarships
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
We’re committed to supporting Marine children in pursuit of their educational goals and there’s no more versatile educational path than through Career and Technical Education (CTE). From health sciences to finance, IT to manufacturing, CTE professionals are on the cutting edge of today’s most hands-on careers. This scholarship is for students planning to attend a non-degree certificate program or vocational training that is 12 months or less at a community college or private career school listed on College Navigator.
Website: Career and Technical Education (CTE) Scholarships
CTE Brochure: View Here
Application: Access Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
Applicants must be the child of one of the following:
- Active duty, reserve, or veteran U.S. Marine*
- A Marine killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Active duty, reserve, or veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who is/was attached to a U.S. Marine Corps unit or who was killed while serving with a U.S. Marine Corps unit*
- A U.S. Navy Chaplain or Religious Programs Specialist who is/was attached to a U.S. Marine Corps unit or who was killed while serving with a U.S. Marine Corps unit*
*Veterans must have received an honorable discharge. A discharge status of other, general, under honorable conditions, dishonorable, etc. are not eligible for an award.
Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
GPA of at least 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
Family adjusted gross income for the 2019 tax year that does not exceed $103,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in the adjusted gross income.
- Attending or planning to attend a college or career training school listed on the National Center for Education Statistic’s College Navigator website in the 2020-21 academic year.
- High school transcript
- The first two pages of the 2019 federal tax return (or 2018 if 2019 hasn’t been filed) you are claimed on (Federal (US) 1040 – submit first two pages OR Federal (US) 1040-SR – submit first two pages)
- Your family’s military service documentation
- Recent headshot
The CTE scholarship application is available all year and applications are processed every month. The entire process will take about 6-8 weeks:
Week 1: Complete and submit an application
Week 2-6: Application reviewed and processed
Week 7: Award decision emailed to applicants
Week 8: Recipients complete Award Acceptance for scholarship payment
Renewable: Yes, $1,500, $2,500, $5,000, $7,500, or $10,000 per academic year.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please visit Contact Us