Greenwood Project Financial Institute and FinTech Institute - Summer Internships
Organization Description & Overview:
High School students are immersed in an intensive 6-week program. Two internship institutes will be offered for Summer 2021:
(1) Students who are accepted into the Greenwood Project High School Financial Institute will experience a 6-week introduction to the financial industry with a specific focus on the stock market. All students receive a weekly stipend and a funded brokerage account upon successful completion of the program.
(2) Students who are accepted into the Greenwood Project High School FinTech Institute will experience a 6-week introduction to coding and the financial industry with a specific focus on the stock market. All students receive a weekly stipend and a funded brokerage account upon successful completion of the program.
Website: Greenwood Project
Financial Institute Application: Access Here
FinTech Institute Application: Access Here
- Must be a current high school Junior or Senior
- Have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Participate in an interview
- Must have strong critical thinking and communication skills along with excellent analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Must submit your high school transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation (1 – Teacher, counselor, or employer are all accepted. )
- Submit an essay detailing your passion for learning about and working in the financial industry (500-word minimum)
What Will You Receive?
- Program Dates: mid-July – August | Mon to Thur 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Hands-on (virtual) experience by working for one of our financial firm partners
- A mentor who will provide guidance, instruction, and leadership
- Professional development opportunities and workshops
- An opportunity to be selected for the Greenwood week in New York City
- Closing ceremony upon successful completion of the program
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, students can participate in the institutes both their junior and senior years of high school.
Contact Information: Email email@example.com for details