CHUMS, Inc. - Chicago Chapter Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
CHUMS awards this scholarship in honor of CHUM founders Mary Ward Barnes, Joyce Tate Brown, and Theodora Jackson Cora to promote one of our national objectives—enriching children’s lives This one-time scholarship helps students with documented financial need benefit from a college education. The award recipient shall receive the scholarship funds by June 30, 2021.
Website: CHUMS, Inc. – Chicago Chapter Scholarship
Application: Download Here
- An African-American high school senior
- A non-family member of a Chum
- Has an unweighted GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Has completed volunteer services for the last 3 years
- Must be accepted and plan to enroll in a 4-year institution (exception of 5 year program)
- Has obtained awards, distinctions and academic honors in the past 3 years
- Official High School Transcript
Letter of acceptance from a 4-year college or university
- Submit a 450-500 word essay describing your leadership roles, community service, and personal philosophy
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (1 from a teacher, school counselor, or community leader; 1 from a school administrator)
Submission Guidelines: Application and required documents must be received no later than Thursday, April 1, 2021.
Mail application and documentation materials to:
- Chicago Chapter of Chums, Incorporated
8335 South Vernon Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60619
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Any questions regarding the application process can be e-mailed to Celeste Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.