ACS Scholars Program
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
This is a renewable scholarship for Hispanic/Latinos, Black/African-American, and Native American (including native Hawaiian and Alaskan) undergraduate students pursuing a major and eventual career in the chemical sciences. This scholarship was founded in 1995 to help increase representation of these specific groups in the chemistry-related discipline. In addition to financial support, students are paired with mentors, receive one free year of student membership with the American Chemical Society, and are provided with numerous resources and access to internship and conference travel award opportunities.
*Number of awards and award amounts are determined by school year, demonstrated financial need, and available funding
Website: ACS Scholars Program
Application: Access Here
- Be African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander, Alaska Native or American Indian
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident, DACA or asylum status
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Unweighted GPA of 3.0 “B” or better)
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to, or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical technology, or another chemically-related science
Be planning a career in the chemical sciences (Please note that students intending to pursue pre-med, pharmacy, veterinary, nursing etc. are NOT ELIGIBLE unless they intend to pursue a research based PhD program (for example, and MD/PhD). List of suggested majors and career goals can be found on the “How to Apply” section of our website).
- Official Transcript
- Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) via FAFSA
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (One letter must be from a chemistry, science, or math teacher or research advisor)
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, the scholarship is renewable for up to 10 semesters as long as the student maintains an eligible major and career goal. Each year, the student must re-submit an updated Student Aid Report, updated official transcript, and complete an online renewal form.
Contact Information: Phone: 1-800-227-5558 (ext. 6250) | Fax: 202-872-4361 | Email: email@example.com