Chicago Coalition for the Homeless Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
Each June, the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless awards $3,500 renewable college scholarships to graduating high school seniors who succeeded in school despite coping personally with homelessness. Students from Chicago and suburban schools are eligible, as well as CCH youth leaders. The APPLICATION must be fully completed by the applicant and received by THE DEADLINE OF Friday, April 30, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Website & Online Application: Chicago Coalition for the Homeless Scholarship
PDF Application: Download Here
List of Essay Questions: Download Here (Document use for preparation of your essays only)
- Be a high school senior graduating this Spring (2021) from the Chicago Public Schools (CPS)
- Have sufficient credit hours to graduate by June 2021, as verified by the school counselor
Experienced homelessness. This must be verified on a document signed by the applicant’s homeless school liaison or service/shelter provider.
- Been admitted to or enrolled in an accredited 2-year or 4-year public or private college or university for the 2020-21 school year as of April 2020. Scholarships will not be awarded to attend for-profit schools.
- A cumulative weighted high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Must be received by Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- A copy of your four-year high school transcript and/or a college transcript.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of your abilities, accomplishments, and potential. One recommendation must be from a teacher, or other school personnel. Those providing recommendations can submit them online or mail them in separately with this form
- Using our certification form, your homeless or formerly homeless status must be verified on a document signed by your school’s homeless liaison or a service/shelter provider.
- Documentation of any other scholarships/financial aid received to date (if applicable).
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: Yes, scholarship winners much check in each semester with a report including their grades
Questions? Please contact the scholarship provider directly: