Illinois Promise Scholarship
Illinois Promise funding will be provided to eligible students for four years of attendance at Illinois if criteria continue to be met. Annual renewal of the FAFSA is required and students must remain in good academic standing (i.e., eligible to continue studies at the University of Illinois). As with the tuition guarantee, the four years of eligibility for Illinois Promise begins when a student enrolls at the University and runs continuously. Award amount is Illinois Promise will fund the estimated cost of tuition, fees, room and board, and books and supplies, through grants and scholarships and by working approximately 10-12 hours a week.
Website: Illinois Promise Scholarship
- You and your parent(s) must be Illinois residents.
- You must have attended and graduated from an Illinois high school.
- You must apply and be accepted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- You must be under the age of 24 and admitted as a new freshman or new transfer student.
- Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) determined through the FAFSA must equal $0.
- For the 2020-21 academic year, please see the 2018 federal poverty level.
- For the 2021-2022 academic year, please see the 2019 federal poverty level.
- Your total family assets must be less than $50,000.
- You must be enrolled in at least 12 hours during fall or spring semesters.
Application Process: To be considered for Illinois Promise, you must submit the FAFSA by March 15 prior to each academic year. There’s no separate Illinois Promise application form; however, once we receive your FAFSA information, we may request and require additional documents to confirm your eligibility criteria.
Open to DREAMers: No
Contact Information: Please email Sarah Watson at email@example.com or call 217-333-4710