Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation (ILLCF) was established in 2002 as a strong voice and resource for the Illinois Latino population and for those that work and live within Latino communities statewide. Through its annual statewide conference and the ILLCF Public Policy Institute, the Foundation seeks to empower Latinos to confront critical issues affecting their communities and to increase access to federal, state and community programs in such areas as employment, education, community and social services, health care, and housing. Each year, the members of the ILLCF select deserving young people of good character and high academic achievement to receive Foundation scholarships to help them achieve their educational objectives. This year, $2,000 will be granted to approximately 25 undergraduate college students whose home residence is in Illinois.
Website: ILLCF Scholarships
Online Application: Access Here
PDF Application & Guidelines: View Here
- An applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student during the fall term of 2020-21 at an accredited community college or four-year college or university;
An applicant must be of Latino ancestry;
- The application form must be filled out completely and typed, including a personal statement describing how the scholarship award will help the recipient achieve his or her educational and career goals;
- A letter of recommendation written by the student’s primary academic advisor or major professor is required. The letter must be on official college letterhead, include a contact phone number, and be mailed separately to the address below;
- Scholarship money must be used in the same academic year as it is granted; and
- Previous winners of an ILLCF scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Contact the office of Nicolas Guzman at email@example.com