Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Walsh-Fluor Design Build Team (WFDBT) has been selected by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) to design and build Phase One of the Red and Purple Modernization project (RPM). The WFDBT recognizes that numerous socio-economic barriers too often prevent community residents from entering various career paths, especially career paths in the construction/trade industry. In response, Walsh-Fluor has established The Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund.
It is the mission of the Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund to aid qualified Chicago Public School students seeking assistance with the costs of their post-secondary education. The fund will provide college scholarships and mentoring supports, along with access to career development opportunities, to guide students in launching careers in the construction and engineering industries. The scholarship program will be administered by Chicago Scholars, a mentoring and leadership development organization that helps first-generation college students and students from under-resourced communities navigate transitions into college, through college, and on to careers.
Website: Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund
Application: Access Here
- Currently attending a CPS high school or charter school supported by CPS for two consecutive years or more
- Graduating Senior with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have taken or be enrolled in at least 2 courses in either Construction-Related Courses, Architecture, Pre-Engineering, Business, or STEM
- School attendance rate of 85% or higher
- From a low-income household as determined by HUD standards
- Must be a participant in the Chicago Scholars program
- If selected, applicants must participate in an interview
- High school transcript (including 1st semester senior grades)
Essay of no more than 750 words explaining why you are applying for the scholarship and how the funds will help you achieve your goals for the future
- At least 2 but no more than 4 letter(s) of recommendation from the student’s counselor, principal, teacher, mentor, or current employer
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: Yes, $5,500 awarded for a maximum of 4 undergraduate years for Scholars pursuing degree in Construction-related field, Architecture, Pre-Engineering, Business, or STEM; and maintaining minimum 3.0 GPA.
Questions? Please visit Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org