The 2Gethers Foundation Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The 2Gethers Foundation is awarding scholarships in the amount of $500 – $2000 to graduating high school seniors who has been accepted into an institution of higher learning. Applicants must be first-generation students. Students are classified as first-generation if they will be the first in their families to attend college or if neither of their parent(s) or guardian(s) have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
Website: The 2Gethers Foundation
Application: Access Here
- Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of the state of Illinois.
- Must be a graduating high school senior who have a minimum of a 2.5 weighted GPA.
- Expect to or have graduated high school by June of 2021 and have been accepted by an institution of higher learning for the fall of 2021 semester
- Have current student leadership or volunteer experience (e.g. student organization; community)
- Must be available to attend The 2Gethers Foundation’s Virtual Scholarship Awards Gala & Silent Auction. The event will be held on Friday, July 29, 2021 from 7:00pm-9:00pm. Scholarships will be awarded at the virtual event (finalists must be present).
- Provide a letter of acceptance to an accredited institution.
- Submit a 750-word personal essay introducing yourself, your family structure, career goals and/or interests, share any challenges that you have faced and how you worked to overcome them, and describe the impact that a college degree would have on you and your family.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation, on official letterhead, addressed to The 2Gethers Foundation from an academic and/or professional source (e.g. teacher, counselor, principal, employer). PDF files accepted only (each letter should be a single PDF file as they will be uploaded separately).
- Have an official transcript emailed from your school guidance counselor to Dr. Tiffany M. Gethers at drtg@2gethersfoundation.
Submission & Notification Information: Finalists will be notified by May 14, 2021. All required documents must be received by no later than Friday, April 9, 2021.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.