Aramark Trades Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Ovierview:
The PUSH Excel / Aramark Trades Scholarship is awarded to Chicago Public School (CPS) students who are planning to pursue careers in the building trades and/or facilities management. With the growth of careers in the trades industries, students have more opportunities to expand their educational pathways to prepare them for high demand jobs of the future. To that end, Aramark, in partnership with PUSH Excel and Kennedy-King College, a member of the City Colleges of Chicago, has developed this scholarship to provide financial assistance for graduating CPS seniors interested in continuing their educational advancement. The $25,000 scholarship is for ten (10) CPS students to receive a basic certificate (16-week program) in carpentry, masonry, plumbing or welding. This is a non-renewable, one (1) time award.
Website: The PUSH Excel Scholarship Program
Application: Access Here
Overview Document: View Here
Scholarship is only for Chicago Public School students who meet the following requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen;
- Will graduate in June 2021 from a Chicago Public School high school;
- Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale) at the time of application;
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through past/present participation in community service, extracurricular and/or other activities;
- Have fully completed the application in its entirety with original signatures, submitted on or before the deadline.
- Official transcript from Chicago Public Schools;
- One (1) letter of recommendation must be from a CPS instructor describing the student’s leadership and academic excellence (cannot be a family member);
- One (1) letter of recommendation may be from a social worker, church or community leader, or an adult who has worked with the student in a community service capacity; describing the students role and leadership (cannot be a family member);
- Submit one (1) written essay – minimum of 500 words. Required essay must address the following:
a) Identify five (5) prerequisites for success and explain in detail your personal philosophy for the pursuit of excellence.
b) Explain the obstacles or hardships you had to overcome on your journey to achieve academic success.
c) Explain why you wish to pursue a career in the trades industry and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
Evidence of service learning (Must indicate any school-based extracurricular involvement and/or community –service involvement.)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email Angila M. Faison at Faisonfirstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 425-9119