Sigma Omega Foundation Chapter Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The founders of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. recognized the importance of the intellect in all matters pertaining to the advancement of humankind. As such, they made SCHOLARSHIP the foremost of the fraternity’s four cardinal principles: Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, and Uplift. The men of Sigma Omega Foundation and Sigma Omega Chapter work together each year to award scholarships to local high school seniors. The 2021 scholars will be awarded based on need, academic achievement and community service. Winners will be announced in May 2021.
Website: Sigma Omega Chapter
Application: Download Here
- Graduating African American male seniors enrolled in a high school located in the Chicago land area
- A minimum of a 2.5 unweighted cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of ACT and /or SAT Assessment
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service programs
- Applicant is required to write a 150-300 word essay on one of the following prompts…
A. What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
B. Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development?
- Applicant is required to provide a resume listing their community service and/or volunteer activities
- Please include two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader
- An official copy of your high school transcript should be mailed to the address listed below
Please scan and submit the following items electronically and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2021.
Please note: Google Drive Links will not be accepted for submitted scholarship application documents.
If you must mail please send to:
- William Johnson
1836 W. 93 rd St.
Chicago, Illinois 60643
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email email@example.com