Baxter & Woodman Engineering Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Baxter and Woodman Scholarship Fund was founded to assist high school students pursuing a career in the Civil Engineering field. It is Baxter and Woodman’s hope that the funds will support those determined to achieve greatness in the civil engineering field, who will ultimately utilize their high level of skill, talent, and professionalism to serve the community. The Baxter & Woodman Civil Engineering Scholarship was created in 2020 to honor firm founders Mr. Lorrin Woodman and Mr. Richard Baxter. Together they established a legacy of client service, engineering practices that protect public health and safety, community engagement, and philanthropy. These forward-thinking entrepreneurs launched a company that now, more than 75 years later, employs 300 people located in multiple states who are dedicated to honoring their story and service.
Website: Baxter & Woodman
Application: Download Here
- Must be a graduating high school senior (class of 2021)
- Must plan to pursue a career in the Civil Engineering field
- NO GPA REQUIREMENT
Essay; Please answer the following questions, on separate pages, as completely as possible.
a) Describe how an awarded scholarship would be helpful to you.
b) Describe your leadership activities and community service participation.
c) Where do you picture yourself after being in your career for five years and what impact will you have on your community?
- Attach a resume which includes your work history, school involvement, community service, and awards or honors
- Submit letter of recommendation (maximum of two) (via email to email@example.com is acceptable)
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org is acceptable)
- Submit your college or university acceptance letter
- Submit community service hours and activities
Submission Guidelines: Application should be submitted to Baxter and Woodman by 4:00 pm on 4/30/2021 to the address below or by e-mail.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: Yes (optional); Scholarships are awarded for one (1) year only. If applicants keep a respectable GPA while in college, applicants can submit to receive an additional $1,000 each year, for up to four years while in college.
Questions? Please email email@example.com