Chicago Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Academic Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The Chicago Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Academic Scholarship will be awarding an academic scholarship to select high school CPS seniors who will attend a four-year college or university. To qualify, the applicant must meet the outlined eligibility criteria and attend one of the Chicago Public Schools listed below. Please note: Family (i.e. siblings, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces or nephews) of members in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. are ineligible for this opportunity.
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Need Help signing-in to Academic Works? Check out the Academic Works User Comprehension Guide for assistance with your application.
Do you attend a CPS Charter High School? Click Here to View CHARTER Instructions & Complete the Electronic Application
Please Note: Ensure you follow up with the counselors/teacher who you requested in your General Application and/or Supplemental Questions to submit a recommendation and/or transcript on your behalf.
- Must attend one of the high schools on the DST target list provided below
- High school graduating senior class of 2021
- Have a cumulative weighted GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or a 3.75 on 5.0 scale.
SAT Test Score of 900+ (Acceptable on high school transcript.)
ACT and SAT scores are not required for applicants whose colleges/universities did not require them due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additional Application Requirements:
- Two letters of recommendation:
(1) On letterhead from an organization documenting the applicant’s active involvement in community service.
(2) On letterhead from the applicant’s high school written by a teacher or counselor.
- Copy of official ACT or SAT scores (acceptable on high school transcript)
- Copy of acceptance letter to an accredited college or university.
- Head shot photo
Recipients of this scholarship must…
- be available to attend the virtual scholarship celebration on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 11 am CST
- must provide the correct address to the college/university aid office, the scholarship check will be mailed directly to the college/university
- must provide proof of enrollment at the appropriate time which may include but not limited to:
- Signed Housing Contract
- School Schedule
- School ID
- Official Admission Letter
DST 2020-21 Target CPS High School List:
YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE SCHOOLS LISTED BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Air Force Academy
Back of the Yards HS
Bogan High School
Butler College Prep
Sarah E. Goode STEM
Chicago High School for Agricultural Science
Chicago High School for the Arts
Chicago Vocational High School
CICS Ralph Ellison
Crane Medical Prep High School
Disney Magnet High School
Dunbar Vocational High School
Dyett High School
Farragut Career Academy
Hyde Park Academy
John F. Kennedy
Lindblom Math and Science Academy
Morgan Park High School
Percy L. Julian
Simeon Career Academy
South Shore International
UIC College Prep
Wells Community Academy
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2021
Scholarship Recipients will be notified by April 19, 2021.
Open to DREAMers: No