Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund
Scholarship & Organization Overview:
The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund gives high school scholarship assistance and educational support to Chicago students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Applications for the Murphy Scholar Class of 2026 are now available! 8th grade students (entering high school in the fall of 2022) are now eligible to apply for the scholarship. There are currently over 450 DMSF Scholars attending 65 partner high schools, including many parochial, independent and boarding schools. Since 1990 more than 2,200 students have been awarded scholarships.
Website: The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund
Application: Access Here
- Applicants must be entering the 8th grade during the 2021-22 school year
- Must plan to attend a private, college preparatory high school
- Must reside in Chicago, Cicero or Berwyn
- Students should exhibit strong academic potential, outstanding character and financial need are encouraged to apply
- Two (2) essays
- Student’s 7th grade report card and 7th grade standardized test scores (i.e. Aspire, NWEA)
- Detailed financial information, including 2020 tax documents (1040s and W2s) for both custodial and non-custodial parents
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (7th grade math teacher, 7th grade language arts teacher, and guidance counselor or principal)
All completed applications are due by October 1, 2021. DMSF encourages students to submit their applications at least one week in advance of the application deadline to give their recommenders time to complete their portion of the application.
Questions?: call (312) 455-7800